Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesdays with Mrs Poo...


Tales from The Old Country

Today when I dropped by Mrs Poos home, unannounced as usual. The Hounds in tow. They visit every second visit as dear Mrs Poo insists on feeding them her homemade biscuits. However that's a whole other story. I was delighted to see this photograph resting on her counter top.


Mrs Poo and Her Posse

I enjoy hearing tales from the old country. Having traced my own family tree I have always enjoyed engaging the in-laws in stories of their youth.

Today was a goldmine! A photograph. A beautiful rare photograph. Studying the picture and paying particular attention to the shoes the young ladies are wearing, Mrs Poos in particular. At the very same moment as I asked Mrs Poos words were, "I still remember the shoes I was wearing. They were brown." I sat in wonderment as Mrs Poo recounted the day and the details of the picture.

Mrs Poo and her bff are all eighteen. They are all still in contact despite the fact that all four girls live on three different continents. That is bff. It's Easter Sunday and they are on their way from church to a feast. It is Spring time not hot, not cold. One girl is a dressmaker and has made her own dress for the occasion. They are all wearing stockings.

Two of each girl are the same height, Mrs Poo and I discuss camera angles and agree this must be why the chick with granny ankles looks taller..

Audrey, Lady of the Manor.

No comments: